Bozcaada - Accomodation Fiasco

I guess we can always blame it on the parents!
When we were kids we traveled a lot and to avoid the typical "Are we there yet?", my parents would say "If you fall asleep, we will be there by the time you wake up!" and it worked!!! The problem now is that whenever I step on something with wings or wheels I fall asleep. I felt asleep without eating the chicken & tomato wrap that Steve got for us and ended up eating it a few hours later under the scorching sun that probably made it ferment, the rest is history.


All I wanted was a clean room and a bathroom and this Turkish lady, who didn't speak anything but Turkish, was offering us that, assuring that the room was "serene, serene" (her words).

After our trip through Asia we learned to carry plenty of earplugs so i did alright while Steve biked the island, but around 5pm, right outside my windows, the party started shaping up.

There is nothing worse than feeling bad and being away from home, but it is something else if on top of this they plan a party next to your window, when they promised "serene, serene".

I was able to control myself until about 9pm and then went with Steve in search for another place, but everything was either taken or extremely out of our budget. At 11.30 I called the lady to our room. "You say serene, serene! this NO serene, serene!" (gesturing with my hands as she had done, imitating the calmed ocean). She stared at me and agreed with her head. I gestured that it was very hot in the room by using my hand as a fan and she pointed at the windows, where the curtains where closed.


I grabbed her by her shoulders and placed her in front of the window, in one solid pull I opened the curtains and immediately 12+ Turks raised their heads and looked straight into our eyes.

She got it. Five minutes later the party was over and everything became "serene, serene".

Gaby

No comments: