Layover in Madrid



I was coming from Argentina absolutely exhausted and luckily, as always, I fell asleep before take off. When I arrived in Madrid I realized that I only had 12 hours there and instead of checking into a hotel and resting I chose to leave my backpack in a locker at the airport and go do one of my favorite walks in Madrid.

I took the Metro to Puerta del Sol Station and went straight to El Corte Ingles shopping center that is across Plaza del Callao. I walked to Plaza de España and quickly took a seat at a sidewalk table of the Museo Del Jamon (Ham Museum). Nothing better than ham croquettes and a very cold beer on a hot evening in Madrid!

I walked the Bailen Avenue and went by the Royal Palace and the Cathedral of our Lady of Almudena and ended at the Plaza Mayor.

After midnight I took the Metro back to the airport and after connecting flights in Rome I got to Istanbul, where right outside my gate Steve was waiting for me.

Thankfully everything turned out as we had planned it.

Gaby

No comments: