Detours to get to the beginning
There´s always a good excuse to make a stop in Madrid.
I love Madrid. It´s streets, parks, museums, people and tapas!! I´ve visited it several times, and besides, that´s where Steve and I got back together several years ago, it could be "nostalgia" or simply the fact that it is a wonderful city.
It´s been a few weeks since I left the States where Steve stayed behind to wrap up the final details before our departure. I flew down to Argentina, where I had the opportunity to share the last days of someone very important to me, my grandma, with whom I had a very special relationship. I won´t go into details but those that know me understand that this was a major event in my life and all I can say is that I´m at peace and happy with the fact that I was there for her and for others.
With my low defenses and extreme temperatures from one day to the next, I ended up with a severe bronchitis that nearly killed me. I wasn´t able to see many people I wanted to see while being there, but I know I´ll be back in Argentina in a few months and there will be plenty of time to catch up personally.
Steve already left San Francisco, California and is on his way to Frankfurt, Germany where he should be right now.
If everything goes fine, we will both fly into Turkey from where we are and we´ll meet at the Istanbul airport, he should be waiting for me at my platform. We´ll see how things unfold!!!
Gaby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Gaby and Steve,
We're very excited to be able to follow your journey! We miss you!
Vickie and Larry
Post a Comment